Central Truth: Every child of God should have wisdom. The fear of the Lord is the beginning.
Text: 1 Kings 3:4-28
Memory Verse: James 1:5
“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him”.
- Discuss Bible passageKey points
Solomon showed his love for God by his actions. He walked according to God’s statues and offered sacrifices to the Lord. That night God appeared to him and told him to ask for anything.
- If God asked you for anything that you can imagine, what would you ask for?
2. Would your response please God (why or why not)?
3. The _______________________ of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom?
4. What kind of fear should we have towards God?
5. There is earthly and ______________________ wisdom. The Christian believer should choose to have heavenly wisdom and not __________________ wisdom.