Central Truth: Keep watch, you do not know the day, your Lord will come.
Text: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 5:1-12
Memory verse: Matthew 25:13
“ Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh”.
- Discuss Bible passage
Jesus tells us about an event that will take place within a twinkling of an eye. Everyone blink your eyes. That is how long it will take for those who believe in Christ to be raptured.
- Do we know when the rapture will occur? _________________________________________________
- How can we be ready for such an event? __________________________________________________
- 1 Thessalonians 4: 16-17
- “ For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord”.
- The day of the Lord comes like a ______________________ in the ______________________.
- 1 Thessalonians 5: 5-6 “Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober”. Discuss this statement
Paul reminds us that God has saved us through his son Jesus and desires that we be with him forever whether we are dead or alive when he comes. 1 Thessalonians 5:8-10.